Monday, November 21, 2016

Advice

If Brooklyn College hired me to use New Media technologies in order to improve certain aspects of the school life for the students and the faculty, they're certain things that I can implement that I believe can achieve this.
Some of my ideas are using social media such as Twitter and Facebook to provide real time updates to students. Tweets can be useful when fire drills are planned in order for students to be prepared and not be caught off guard. Since most students don't check their e-mail hourly, even daily. I think these e-mails can be useful for students who might not be connected with formal electronic ways of communication but rather are very active on social media. Facebook and Reddit can be used to create groups and subreddits for the students to communicate and interact with one another and help foster a more friendly community.
Wikis, like the one used in our class, can and I feel like should be implemented for all classes as I see them as a tool for students to be able to exchange notes about lectures and can be used a giant study group for the class.
Finally, to add some fun I think it will be important for the school to help sponsor social media event through apps like Snapchat and Instagram. As long as the pictures and snaps are not harassing or threatening somebody I think i t can be a fine way for the Brooklyn College community to have fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment